Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Requested Artwork for a Friend's Nursery

One of my friends is having a baby in July, and asked for some help decorating her baby's nursery. I was super-excited about helping; the only problem was that she lives across the country. Soooo all of this is based on a few pictures she sent me of the comforter from Wal-Mart. I think they turned out well.
This was an extra surprise for her, I cut-out the baby's name using Plantin Schoolbook (Tall Ball) on a sheet of 12x24 Walnut-colored vinyl from Oh My Crafts. The stars are from Learning Curve and the road border was from Everyday Paper Dolls (and matches perfectly with the theme).
This was the comforter all of the artwork was based on. Isn't it cute as can be for a little boy?
Here is the first picture. They're all 4x6 matted for 5x7. I love the little airplane from New Arrival. I think it matches quite well! The cloud is popped out onto the matte for a little extra coolness.
I LOVED the dumptruck from Everyday Paper Dolls. One of the piles of dirt is popped out.
And here is another of the 5 total creations. There wasn't a bulldozer on ANY of my cartridges, so I used various shapes and my Gypsy to weld one myself. I think it's my favorite! I hope she enjoys all of the decorations; I wish I was there to see them hung. She promised to send me pictures! :-)

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...