Monday, June 28, 2010

Using Gypsy Weld Feature

Here are a couple of papers I cut using the weld feature on my Gypsy. For the green page I used Heritage cartridge (a floral branch and leaves). I stretched rectangles from Plantin Schoolbook to make the border.

And here it is after I peeled it off the mat. I don't plan on using an orange background with it, but the paper was convenient... this is what it looks like with a 12x12 sheet behind it.
For the next one, I used Pagoda for the cherry blossom branch and dragonfly. I used the 'hide' feature to hide one of the dragonflies. Once again I welded the pieces together. I didn't create a border on this one; I'm not sure which I prefer. Having a border definitely made it easier to get off the mat, but I kind of like the freedom of not having one with the second cut.
And here it is on a piece of paper I had laying out for another project. The colors look good together!
Anyway, I thought this was a pretty awesome feature, considering buying a piece of cut-paper similar to this at A.C. Moores is around $1.99 each! I will definitely have to keep this (easy) project in mind the next time I need a detailed layout!

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...