Monday, June 28, 2010

Tear-Kitty

Tonight I was going through some more stuff (working on my sister's book takes a toll on my creativity... I keep going between that and various small projects!) and decided to try out the Tear Kitty stamp set from Peachy Keen Stamps. I've had them (tear bear, kitty, bunny, reindeer, faces kit) since 2008 when the husband was overseas and was bored crazy; about every six months I run across them and try to make something that actually looks half decent. Soooo this is what I created this time.
I follow the directions- I promise!- yet I just can't figure out how to make them cute! This one looked awful, so I drew lines around the edges to give it a cartoonish look. I had originally chalked the poor thing with light brown, but once I added the legs (which don't seem to look right, either) it all blended together, so I re-chalked them blue. *Sigh* I think I give up for the evening. I left them out so maybe tomorrow, or later tonight, I'll feel inspired to try again. I've seen so many adorable creations, I just can't seem to figure out where exactly my difficulties lie (or is it 'lay'? lol)

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...