Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Couple of Projects

To have a place for my small supplies at school, I bought this small toolbox from Lowes and painted it red. I used packaging tape to adhere scrapbook paper at the front of each drawer, leaving a pocket for labels. I used clear packaging tape (folded in half so it sticks together) and sharpies to make removable inserts. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. 




And this morning I made some more laundry detergent! Back in April 2012 I first made some (you can look in my archives to find directions) and it lasted until Christmas. I made a bit more in December, and we just ran out again this week. I like the liquid version as well, but this powered stuff is SO freaking easy. The hardest part is grating the soap (which is like not hard at  all!) I guess that means I can take the afternoon off from housework now? haha. I'm tutoring a rising Second Grader twice a week, so I can't let myself get too lazy or I'll forget the time!

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...