Saturday, September 4, 2010

Addy's First Birthday!

I'm helping my bff Caty get ready to celebrate her daughter's very first birthday in a couple of weeks, so I made some Winnie-the-Pooh invites to send out her for her party. I tried the traditional colors and wasn't happy with how they turned out, so I decided to give it a go using my style! The poohbear was white paper I inked (if you can call using a cotton ball and yellow stamp pad inking) and the patterned paper came from a party-themed set that my bf(online)f (and Circle Pal) Kymberlee sent me. I've still got a ton of it left to make more cool stuff- I absolutely love it! Anyway, I know black cardstock is a weird background for a girl's birthday card, but I thought it turned out really great. I used gold bling on the candle and stickles on the icing. The cake came from Stretch Your Imagination.

Here is what the insides look like (without the black boxes, of course):

And a sample of the variety:

I also made an adorable card for my bff Whitney all the way across the country, but I totally forgot to take a picture of it! And I had a picture of the goodies that Kymberlee sent me (A PINK ATG GUN!) in addition to the cute paper, but the camera on my brand-new phone was broken so it apparently didn't actually 'take.' The good news is that Verizon sent me a new Droid X today and the camera works!! Oh oh oh I also got Straight from the Nest in the mail yesterday from Cricut Rewards (I got that, two lanyards and a pack of mats for the totally amazing price of free... with only 11 bucks shipping!)

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...