Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Wreath

I saw the CUTEST homemade ornament wreaths on pinterest (no idea where or I'd give the link!) so I ran to Walmart during the Black Friday weekend and bought some non-shattering plastic ornaments.

First, take an old metal clothes-hanger (disclaimer... the cheap, easy to bend kind works better than the high-quality ones!) and untwist to make a general circle shape. Then slide on about 50 ornaments, adding a smaller one for every 2-4 big ones. The more unique the ornaments, then cooler effect you'll get! When you've filled up the hanger (I had two ornaments leftover from my set) just twist the two ends together. If you used the high-quality clothes-hangers you might need pliers to get the pieces just right.



Add a bow and POOF you're done! (I totally did not even realize my wreath was crooked when I hung it up to take a picture! I do realize that the hanger is glaringly red... I need to fix that!! :-/)

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...