Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Wednesday was Dr. Seuss's birthday, so kids all over America celebrated in style! My second grade class made tall Cat-in-the-Hat style hats to wear, we set a timer which went off every single hour to read a Dr. Seuss book, and after lunch, we had Dr. Seuss cupcakes while reading a short biography about him in Scholastic News. Quite a day! Here are a few pictures of some of the 60 cupcakes I made (with the help of my sisters, of course!) for second grade. The oranges ones are for Green Eggs and Ham, the yellow ones with green stars are for The Sneetches, the purple ones celebrate my personal favorite, Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now, the blue ones used cinnamon candies and white icing to make Dr. Seuss hats from The Cat in the Hat, and the green ones just had lots of sprinkles. Hey... I <3 sprinkles! There were also a few white ones in there for the teachers who didn't want bright-colored lips for the rest of the day. I can't believe I didn't get a better picture of the cupcakes... I'm sure I took a couple of better shots, but this was all I could find in my phone. Enjoy! 





No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...