Monday, April 11, 2022

Pretty Petals Cardstock Pack Cards: Set 1

I had a great time at Hobby Lobby the other day and bought some new paper packs. I'm going to make sets of cards with this cardstock pack as backgrounds. I'm hoping to use a fair amount of scrap embellishments I've collected over the years with the variety of colors this pack should provide. 


I nearly cringed as I pulled out this bold pink paper for this set, but in going along with my plan of working outside-my-usual-box I forced myself to use it. The stickers are also from Hobby Lobby, in a pack called "Floral Faith and Inspiration". (You can see the cover of it in the background of some of the pictures.) 


I've always loved this hydrangea stamp. The background cardstock has not-quite-ready hydrangeas in this green color, so I used that as my inspiration for coloring. 


It's very hard to see, but I added tiny pearls on the center of each visible flower. It's very pretty in person. 


Here's another variation of the same thing. 


And another card with a sticker. I like the simplicity of this design. 

 

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...