Tuesday, April 12, 2022

More Pretty Petals Cards

I used Hobby Lobby's Pretty Petals Cardstock Pack for the background for this set of cards, and stickers from a Floral Faith and Inspiration Pack. The vellum stickers are a bit translucent so I like to stick them onto white cardstock for a crisp background. 


Maybe one of these days I'll be good enough at stamping and coloring to not feel the need to loosely trace everything with a black pen. Today is obviously not that day, however! 


I've had these half-cut pearls for probably 10 years and never had a use for them. My mom bought me a new glue gun for Christmas and I haven't gotten to use it much so I pulled it out and added the pearls to some old crochet flowers, which I've also had forever. 


The large flower was another page in the Pretty Petals pack. I don't usually cut out paper like that as I think it typically looks too handmade (in a homespun kind of way, if that makes sense?) but I added foam stickers behind it to add some depth and thought it looked great. For all of these I outline the edges of all papers with a gold stamp pad, even the card itself. I try to always do that with my cards to add a little variety between layers. 

 

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...