Saturday, December 31, 2011

Purple Tutu

I decided to make A's Christmas present this year. A is my best friend's daughter, who turned 2 back in September. I bought a lavender leotard online for about $10, then made a tutu and matching hairclip, which I put in an organza bag. I used a stretchy headband for the base, and added strips of 30 inch tulle fabric (6 inches wide, 1 roll of 25 yards), then some pretty ribbon. I glued hydrangea flowers on the ribbon and sparsely on the tutu for decoration, and glued a small pearl in the center of each flower. It turned out beautifully. It's soooo much prettier in person. We haven't exchanged gifts yet so I don't know if she'll love it, but I sure hope she does! 

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...