Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Hi" Beach card and Cobbler

 I FINALLY got a sew easy (just the main straight stitch and mat) so I have been playing around with it a bit. I made a really cute thank-you card for one of my students who had given me a jar of canned strawberry jam, but forgot to take a picture before I mailed it. Another card I made is this one, with an island and sea turtle swimming in the ocean. I thought it was cute, but DH didn't like it. :-/ Oh well. I LOVE the sew easy and cant wait to get more heads for it! I also used Simply Sweet for the "H" and "I" since they're cute and I just got that cart off rewards. I'm lovin' it.

And on a non-crafty note, I've been trying to bake (ha) so I tried out two recipes a couple of days ago. The first one, a chocolate-cherry cobber made with cake and brownie mixes turned out delicious...
(yes, that's a funfetti topping, since I didn't have yellow cake mix)

And a strawberry muffin recipe ended up trashing the whole stove, so I've spent 4 and a half hours today with the smell of the self-clean oven self-cleaning! Ugh... what a mess! It took 30 minutes to scrub enough dough off the pans to soak in hot water overnight, then another 20 minutes to scrape the rest before putting them in the dishwasher. Fair warning- the mess got worse after I took this picture!

And suddenly I remembered why I don't cook...

3 comments:

HW Glass said...

I just love the all designing and smart works
thanks for updates
glass

Kymberlee - The Mama Midwife said...

psst that is BAKING...different than cooking :0) Okay you can smack me updside the head, I deserve it. (but it REALLY IS and I suck at BOTH!)

L.B. said...

HA!! I have had my oven look like that before...but 50/50 with the choclate part turing out...success

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...