Saturday, July 24, 2010

Freezer Paper Images

I haven't posted in a few days because I've been SUPER busy getting ready for SonQuest Rainforest Vacation Bible School at church. We've been hanging paper vines throughout the fellowship hall and I've spent hours upon hours painting the backdrop for the sanctuary. I did have a chance to play around the other night, however, with the freezer-paper technique of designing shirts. (I say this like it was fun, but in all honesty I was trying it out to hopefully use it for one of the crafts!)

Here is a sock-monkey from B is for Boy on scrap white fabric. Two layers was a little difficult; I still need to work on that. I didn't finish him... just trying it out.

Next is a white birdhouse from botanicals on scrap black fabric. (You can kind of see something else I was doing through the freezer paper background... disregard that! lol)

And here is one layer of the HM guitar. I tried this image because after watching a YouTube video (CleverSomeday- strawberry shirt) to learn the process, HappyHappyJoyJoy has a video posted where she's making this picture. I thought I'd give it a shot! Not too bad!

That's all for now. Hopefully after the kids decorate their tote-bags during VBS I'll upload some pictures to share. Maybe before then I'll get crafty again. Who knows!


Life has been VBS VBS VBS for the past week. After next Sunday I'll be absolutely exhausted!

No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...