Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Scientific Failure

So this post is to document my failure. For Christmas last year my mom got me a pH thermometer to help me learn more about the science behind my soaps-making. It had been on my Amazon Wishlist for awhile.  Since we were living with her at the time and everything in my house was packed up in a storage facility some where, I had to wait ages before I could use it. A few days ago I finally pulled it out and carefully read through the directions, but cannot figure out how to make it work. She also got me some pH test strips, so I am good on that end, but the thermometer itself does not recognize anything. 


I did some reading and it said if the piece dries out then it might need some special solution, so I bought that and let it sit for a day or so, but when I came to check on it this is what I found. The solution reacted with the environment of the basement, I guess? I don't know. All I know is my thermometer still doesn't work and I feel like an idiot. Oh well. That happens sometimes!


Oh, I did make some lotion bars last week that you can see in the background. They're pretty cool. 



No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...