Sunday, August 21, 2016

A few summer cards

I've been playing around with Faber Castell Gelatos this summer, as well as water-soluble wax pastels (basically watercolor crayons). My goal was to figure out the best materials to use while Bible journaling, but I colored a few sets of flowers during practice. Here's a card I made with the gelatos and a stamp from Papertrey Ink.  The inside note was a wooden stamp I bought on clearance years ago and always forget about. 


I used the same stamp on the inside of this next card, a beautiful bouquet of tulips colored with Copic markers. The flowers are from Papertrey Ink.


I used the same hydrangea stamp as before with water color crayons to create this weird but cool effect. The inside is blank.

I colored these Papertrey Ink strawberries a few months ago and added my own Copic Pen scribbling around the edges. Tonight I finally finished it by adding a sentiment, though I wish I had neater handwriting!

I love this card. It makes me want Autumn! The stamps were Papertrey Ink (I was obviously on a 'friendship jar' kick for awhile) and the sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs.

And another bouquet of tulips to finish off the evening.


No comments:

Learning to Watercolor

  My sweet sister bought me a "Learn to Watercolor Nature" book for my birthday, along with a watercolor palette. I've been pr...