Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Gingerbread Lane Swoon Quilt

While I had some free time this summer I wanted to go ahead and make a new Christmas quilt for myself. I used the Swoon pattern, which I made last Christmas, but this time chose only a few fabrics: gingerbread dance (the cranberry), sugar holly and candy (the cream), and then I added a pearl solid inner border, cranberry border, and then sugar blizzard for a large outer border. I used the cranberry for binding as well. I tried to keep time on this project and when all said and done, this took about 31 hours. I used a simple stipple on the longarm for the quilting, and made a HUGE mistake by not attaching the backing fabric to my longarm until about half-way through when I realized my error, and so the back has a lot of spots where the fabric (I used a 116" backing fabric called toasted marshmallow) folded over. I was so disappointed, but not enough to take it all apart. It's in the dryer now so we'll see how it turns out. Hopefully the crinkle will forgive a lot of mistakes. The quilt ended up being 103" square. 




No comments: